Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Shrimp Pasta with Black Olive & Peppers


Cook Time: about 20 minutes
Cost: $5-10
Serves: 2

I need to go to the grocery, so I was trying to figure out how to make a meal with ingredients I already had. I had 2 bags of pre-cooked shrimp and some black olives I needed to use. This dish is the result...

Ingredients:
  • Pre-cooked shrimp, thawed - remove tails
  • Peppers & Onions (I used a bag of frozen)
  • Black Olives
  • Cumin, Red Pepper, Garlic
  • Cream
  • Muenster Cheese
  • Butter
  • Pasta
Directions:

Thaw pepper & onion blend by heating in a skillet, add chopped olives and thawed shrimp. Season with cumin, red pepper and garlic.


In a small sauce pan, combine about 1 cup of cream, shredded muenster, 1 tbs of butter, and 2 cloves chopped garlic. Bring to boil, then let simmer.

Cook pasta as directed on box, drain.


Combine pasta and pepper/onion/black olive & shrimp mix. Serve on a plate covered in the garlic cream sauce.

Conclusion:

1/5 Beans the Cat.




The sauce was probably the downfall. The muenster was not the best cheese to use; mozzarella and/or parmesan would probably have been better. The muenster made the sauce kind of clumpy and gritty and thick. The shrimp heated nicely with the vegetables and took on the flavors of the spices and peppers/onions. This could have been a good dish with just the shrimp/veg. I only ended up eating a few bites and just gave the rest away to boyfriend. I'll just eat a brownie later ;)

Boyfriend, again, wanted to give this a 5/5. Little Foot (cat) liked the sauce; he cleaned the plates for us when we were done.

Boyfriend says: "It's better than if I just made a sandwich for myself or just made myself pasta."

No comments: