Monday, June 8, 2009

BBQ Chip-ken



Cook Time: about 30 minutes
Cost: $5-10
Serves: 2

Since I buy large bags of frozen chicken, I'm always trying to think of ways to change-up regular chicken. This is essentially chicken breaded and baked with crushed BBQ kettle chips (you can use any flavor). Kettle chips are nice because they stay crunchy. I served it with a salad.

Ingredients:
  • 3 chicken breasts (I buy big bags of frozen chicken from GFS)
  • 1/2 bag BBQ Kettle Chips (any brand)
  • 1 egg
Directions:

Preheat oven to 350. Thaw chicken (if already thawed, take 5 min off of cook time) and rinse. Put kettle chips in bag and crush (I crushed them by rolling a drinking glass over them). Scramble egg.

Coat chicken with egg on both sides, then coat with crushed chips. Place on baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes, or until done.

Conclusion:

3/5 Beans the Cat.




The chicken was moist and the chips were crunchy. It could be made better by adding actual BBQ sauce or using a chip with a more intense flavor. But definitely something worth trying. Also, I love kettle chips, so I got to eat the excess while cooking :)


Boyfriend wanted to give this a 5/5... but he is crazy!

Boyfriend says, "While I love the BBQ chips, I feel as if any kettle chip could do. The chips held very well to the chicken and kept it tender while letting the flavor of the kettle chips shine."

No comments: